· 1 (8-ounce box) Whole Wheat small shell pasta
· 2 medium acorn squash, split, peeled, seeded and quartered
· 1 large onion, chopped
· 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 cup grated carrot
· 1 1/2 teaspoons brown splenda
· 3 (13 1/4-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
· 1 cup fat-free sour cream and 1 tbs of splenda baking white sugar
· 1 can of white tuna or chicken canned no sodium drained
DirectionsCook the squash in 1 inch of water in a covered saucepan for 15 minutes, or until tender. Cool, then scrape out the pulp and put the squash back in the pot.
Add the onion, carrot, brown splenda, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
Add 3 cups of the broth and puree it all in a blender or food processor. Return to the pot and add the remaining 3 cups of broth then bring to a boil and add the pasta.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is done. Add the White tuna or chicken from a can
Before serving, blend the sour cream and baking white splenda in a separate bowl. Put a dollop on top of each bowl of soup. Serve soup hot.